MPCS ADMISSION PROCESSES AND REQUIREMENTS
Step A: Submit completed Application for Admission with the non-refundable $100 application fee, cash or money order. Please note that submission of the Application for Admission and application fee do not guarantee admission to the Mount Pleasant Christian School.
Step B: Submit child’s birth certificate, immunization record, and full academic record, including standardized test scores and report cards from the past two years.
Step C: Call the administrative secretary to schedule an appointment for your parental interview and the applicant’s admissions testing.
Step D: Arrive for parental interview and applicant’s admissions testing on scheduled date. If an emergency arises that necessitates rescheduling, call the School Office to reschedule.
Step E: Receive Letter of Decision within 5 business days from test date.
Step F: Submit Enrollment Fee (first tuition payment) and the full Book/Materials Fee. MPCS accepts cash, certified checks, or money orders. Once payment has been received, the applicant’s admission will be confirmed and your seat is reserved for the ensuing school year.
- Kindergarten 3(K3) applicants should reach the age of three years by September 1 of the current calendar year. Likewise, Kindergarten 4(K4) applicants should reach the age of four years by September 1 of the current calendar year, and Kindergarten 5(K5) applicants should reach the age of 5 by September 1 of the current school year.
- K3 applicants must demonstrate age appropriate social – emotional development and independent feeding, gross motor, and toileting skills.
- K4 and K5 applicants must demonstrate age appropriate readiness, social, and language skills.
- Elementary applicants must achieve grade appropriate standardized test scores in the areas of reading, math, and language. During the testing and interview processes, applicants must also demonstrate age appropriate social – emotional skills.
- All applicants must complete MPCS interview and testing protocol successfully.
- Applicants should comprehend that their parents have delegated authority to the MPCS School during school hours. Therefore, they are subject to the instructional standards and discipline of the Mount Pleasant Christian School staff, teachers, and administration.
- During the admissions process, MPCS may withdraw eligibility at any step where it becomes apparent that the Mount Pleasant Christian School is not a compatible academic, intellectual, and/or spiritual environment for the applicant and/or the applicant’s family.
Policy Reminders…The Mount Pleasant Christian School does not offer refunds. All fees are non-refundable.
Cash, money order, or certified bank check are acceptable forms of payment.